- What is that smell?
- Do I need a permit for restoration work?
- Should I open the windows to help the drying process?
Usually, if it smells like mould, it is mould. Mould or mildew odours are due to the presence of fungi in the air, inside pipes or walls, or hidden in other parts of your home. Mould is thicker than mildew, so if the smell is particularly strong, that’s a clue that it’s mould and you need to act fast to prevent further growth.
When required, your ServiceMaster Restore Project Manager will take out the appropriate permit(s) on your behalf, identifying our company as the general contractor. If applicable, permit fees are included in the estimate and may be covered by the insurance company.
Opening the windows in your commercial property to assist the drying process is not always recommended. Outside weather conditions may vary. Your ServiceMaster Restore technician will determine when and if opening windows to let in outside air is advisable.